Since inception as an Educational and Development Trust in 1999, the National Institute Community Development (NICDAM) has grown to become a major player in training, community health, social development, organisational development and social research in South Africa.
Twenty-six thousand (26 000) training participants have successfully completed short courses, SAQA accredited skills programmes or qualifications through NICDAM.
NICDAM has managed numerous projects of various extents on behalf of government departments and institutions, international and local funders in all the provinces of the country.
NICDAM Trust is registered as:
- An Educational and Development Trust on 11/08/1999 with the Master of the High Court-registration number-IT10178/99.
- A Non-profit Organisation on 18 May 2000-registration number NPO 007-918.
- A Public Benefit Organisation – No. 930011671
- An Accredited Skills Development Provider with the Quality Council for Trades and Occupations (QCTO) (SDP 1220/16/080).
- A fully Accredited Training Provider with SAQA through the HWSETA (No HW592PA05000123),Services SETA and ETDP SETA.
NICDAM is managed through a Board of Trustees who executes strategic planning and policy development and oversees the financial management and the day to day running of the organisation.
The organisation complies with:
- Compensation for Occupational Injuries & Diseases Act 130 of 1993
- Safety Regulations of the Health & Safety Act 85 of 1993
NICDAM has a Level 1 BBBEE rating.
NICDAM has received unqualified audits for each year of its existence.
NICDAMs Annual Reports provide greater detail of our work done over the past three years.
BBBEE LEVEL 1 CERTIFICATION
17+ YEARS OF SERVICE EXCELLENCE
in development, training and project management
50 FULL-TIME AND CONTRACT STAFF
plus other partners and professional relationships in development, training and project management