NICDAM specialises in the management of projects in various fields and on different scales. We have not only successfully implemented numerous training interventions targeting large numbers of beneficiaries, including associated elements such as needs assessments, curriculum design, learning material development, mentoring and monitoring and evaluation, but also extensive social research and other projects in diverse .
NICDAM has the capacity and the logistical know-how to roll out projects rapidly, reaching targets within budget and on time.
Details of projects managed by NICDAM are provided in the sector sections of the website (Health, Social Development, NPO Organisational Development, Social Entrepreneurship and Social Research). Clients who have commissioned NICDAM for large projects in the past:
- FHI360: Implementing the training and mentoring of 334 OVC caregivers of 8 partnering organisations for the PEPFAR funded Supportive Referrals Initiative (SRI) for OVC Programme. The training of OVC caregivers was further cascaded to involve another 421 OVC caregivers. This project included capacity building and practical in service training and monitoring of mentors. 23 were trained originally and the training then cascaded to another 36 mentors, brining the total to 59. (2016/2017)
- PACT SA: Training of 1390 social workers and other social service workforce members working for DSD and selected NPOs in five provinces of South Africa. The training was rolled out from 21 July – 30 September 2015.
- UNODC and DSD: Training of 1870 government officials and 308 CSO members in the integrated trauma service delivery model. NICDAM also coordinated the implementation of the model on provincial level. (2010/2011)
- HWSETA: Country wide skills audit and assessment of 2700 home-based care workers for recognition of prior learning. (2006)
- Departments of Communication and Correctional Services: Provision of life skills and computer skills training to 400 youth offenders in 6 correctional facilities in 2 provinces. (2011/2012)
- WC DSD, Department of Community Safety and SAPS: Training and mentoring of 483 SAPS volunteers, volunteer coordinators and SAPS coordinators at 5 sites in Western Cape. All the participants received two non-consecutive weeks of training, as well as practical workplace assignments and mentoring. (2012)
- European Union, National Youth Service and Limpopo Department of Health and Social Development: Project management of the Community Care Worker Youth Service Project. This project included the support to selected sites (NGOs/CBO and clinics) to undertake the facilitation of the skills programme at NQF level 3, setting up a learner information system and to mentor and support the sites to implement community care programmes. This project included the management of 20 NGO’s and 200 selected participants with team leaders and site coordinators. The objective of this project is to build the capacity of NGO’s and the care workers both on an organisational level as well as the skills development of the care workers. (2007/2008)
- European Union, National Youth Service and Free State Department of Health: A project similar to the above. 241 learners and 25 team leaders were involved in this project. (2007/2008)
- Gauteng Department of Health: Training of 350 learners in the Metsweding, Tshwane, Ekurhuleni, West Rand, Central Johannesburg and Sedibeng Districts in Community Health Work Level 3 qualification. The training programme was supported by a mentoring programme to enhance the skills and capacity transferred during training. (2007/2008)
- Limpopo Department of Health and Social Development (Ancillary Health Care Level 1) in Sekhukhune and Bohlabela districts, Limpopo (2007/2008) – 594 learners
- National Department of Social Development MSP Limpopo, Eastern Cape – Capacity Building (2006/7) – 540 learners.
- National Department of Social Development: Victim Empowerment (2005) – 700 learners.
- National Department of Health: Khomanani 1 (2003/4) – 1 230 learners.
- National Department of Health: Khomanani 2 (2005/6) – 1 300 learners.
- Northern Cape Department of Social Development: Victim Empowerment (2005 – 2007) – 450 learners.
- EPWP (Department of Labour):
|2004 – 2006: Plan Personal Finance / Career Guidance / Home Based Care / Business Start-up Programme / Occupational Health & Safety / Peer Education / First Aid Level 1||Total Number Trained|
|Mpumalanga Province||1 373|
|Free State Province||631|
|2007/2008: HIV and AIDS training|
|Free State Province||274|
|Eastern Cape Province||507|
|Northern Cape Province||212|
- National Department of Correctional Services – Training of 128 offenders as master trainers in HIV and AIDS peer education in 6 correctional facilities in 6 provinces. 23 staff members were also trained. The SAQA accredited curriculum was designed and the learning programme developed by NICDAM. (2007/2008)